So all of the sudden you discover your life is terrible. You have no friends. You will never be good at anything. Your parents don’t understand. You are so disappointed in the way things turned out. You wish you had the things your friends have. You look ugly. You just want to scream or cry or both!
What to do?
Let me introduce you to Hormones. They lie. They pay surprise visits at the most inconvenient time. They cause acne on your FACE and other places. They make you mad or sad for no good reason, or sometimes for every reason. They cannot be reasoned with. When they strike you have to recognize the symptoms above and go on the offensive. They are great because they make the men have a fighting spirit and the women a nurturing spirit and sometimes the other way around. But there is too much of a good thing, and sometimes that is what you get.
When you are in despair or mad at the world there is a way out. First, pray.
1. Are you tired? Is it 11 PM at night after a long day? If so tell yourself you will deal with this stuff in the morning. Read a short passage from your Bible and go to sleep. Everything will be better in the morning or at least manageable.
2. Do you feel everyone is being unkind to you? Singling you out? It is time to get others focused. Do something nice for someone else. Clean something up for them. Do their chore. Then get some exercise. Go for a walk or better yet a run. Try and beat your pushup record. Some exercise will lift you out of the dumps.
3. Do you feel extremely ugly because of your hair, skin, or fitness level? Make a plan. Get a new skincare routine. Put some effort into your hair, and decide on a fitness plan and do it. Just having a plan will boost your confidence immediately and your efforts will pay off in time as well. Strive to be healthy, and you will become the beauty God created. Love the body God gave you and take care of it. It is a gift.
4. You have no friends. Well, it is time to be a friend. Pray that God will bring people into your life that you can be a good friend to. Have you neglected the friends you had? Make a call, text them, or join them in an activity. Are you being a friend to your siblings? Recognize God uses seasons without dear friends to strengthen your friendship with Him. Spend time in prayer and Bible Study and make the most of the time. God will provide, and be your companion Himself as well.
5. Your parents don’t understand. That’s OK. No human can understand everything all the time. You do what is right and pleasing to God. Honor your parents. Respect their wishes, but strive to please the Lord. He sees you exactly as you are and always understands and knows what is best for you. Trust Him with your future and with your parents. God even used evil kings for his purposes. Surely he can accomplish his will with your parents in charge.